Shakespeare Off the Square: "Twelfth Night" (Matinee-July 18)
Time & Location
About the Event
About the Play
Love triangles, practical jokes, and mistaken identities run rampant in this romantic comedy! Shipwrecked and separated, Viola and her brother, Sebastian, each think the other has drowned. Viola disguises herself as a boy, Cesario, and takes a job as Duke Orsino’s servant. The duke sends Viola to woo Countess Olivia and Olivia falls for Viola (well, Cesario), but Olivia's butler, Malvolio, loves Olivia…and then Sebastian shows up. Turns out, Viola's twin is not dead. Hilarity ensues.
"If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction."
Performances and Showtimes
Twelfth Night and The Tempest run from July 8, 2021, through August 8, 2021, with alternating performances, Thursday-Sunday, starting at 7:30 pm. Doors open at 7:00 pm. Concessions and beer will be available for purchase. Matinee performances are in the large room at the Visitor Center at Ijams Nature Center. Doors open at 1:00pm for matinees.
Admission is $15 for adults. Four-pack ticket packages are available for $50.
Children in Knox County and surrounding county school systems qualify for Penny4Arts program, which allow for these children to come free-of-charge based on these guidelines:
- All children ages 5-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult (age 18 and older) in a ratio not to exceed three children per one adult.
- Proof of Knox and surrounding county residency may be required.
- At least one in a group of up to four students ages 16-18 must purchase a regular adult admission/ticket for the group to be able to participate in Penny4Arts.
- Penny4Arts Tickets must be included in your reservation.
Donations to Tennessee Stage Company and Ijams Nature Center are gratefully accepted.
Bring a lawn chair or picnic blanket. No coolers or styrofoam products, please. Dogs are allowed, but must be leashed at all times.
In case of inclement weather, performances will move indoors to the large room at the Visitor Center.
For more information about the Tennessee Stage Company, Shakespeare On The Square or its support guild, Buddies of the Bard (BOB), call 865-546-4280 or e-mail email@example.com.
Shakespeare Off The Square would not be possible without the generous support of the Tennessee Arts Commission.
- Twelfth Night Ticket$15+$0.38 Service fee$15+$0.38 Service fee0$0
- Penny4Arts Children's Ticket$0$00$0
- 4 Pack of Tickets$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0