Shakespeare Off the Square: "The Tempest" (July 11)
Time & Location
About the Event
About the Play
Lightning strikes! Magic abounds! Betrayal and romance swirl in the storm that is The Tempest. After living in exile for 12 years, Prospero, the former Duke of Milan, has a chance at revenge when his magical storm strands his usurpers and enemies on the island. Prospero uses magical creatures to secretly control them so he can reclaim his title. Murderous plots, love at first sight, supernatural beings, and perhaps forgiveness...will everyone find safe passage home?
“We are such stuff as dreams are made on.”
Performances and Showtimes
Twelfth Night and The Tempest run from July 8, 2021, through August 8, 2021, with alternating performances, Thursday-Sunday, starting at 7:30 pm. Doors open at 7:00 pm. Concessions and beer will be available for purchase. Performances are on the Ijams Visitor Center Lawn.
Admission is $15 for adults. Four-pack ticket packages are available for $50.
Children in Knox County and surrounding county school systems qualify for Penny4Arts program, which allow for these children to come free-of-charge based on these guidelines:
- All children ages 5-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult (age 18 and older) in a ratio not to exceed three children per one adult.
- Proof of Knox and surrounding county residency may be required.
- At least one in a group of up to four students ages 16-18 must purchase a regular adult admission/ticket for the group to be able to participate in Penny4Arts.
- Penny4Arts Tickets must be included in your reservation.
Donations to Tennessee Stage Company and Ijams Nature Center are gratefully accepted.
Bring a lawn chair or picnic blanket. No coolers or styrofoam products, please. Dogs are allowed, but must be leashed at all times.
In case of inclement weather, performances will move indoors to the large room at the Visitor Center.
For more information about the Tennessee Stage Company, Shakespeare On The Square or its support guild, Buddies of the Bard (BOB), call 865-546-4280 or e-mail email@example.com.
Shakespeare Off The Square would not be possible without the generous support of the Tennessee Arts Commission.
- The Tempest Ticket$15+$0.38 Service fee$15+$0.38 Service fee0$0
- Penny4Arts Children's Ticket$0$00$0
- 4 Pack of Tickets$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0