Shakespeare Off The Square: Much Ado About Nothing Aug. 9
Time & Location
About the Event
About the Play
Much Ado About Nothing is a comedic play by William Shakespeare about misunderstandings, love and deception. A hilarious production fit for the whole family!
Count Claudio falls in love with Hero and proposes. Hero’s cousin, Beatrice (a confirmed spinster), and Benedict (an eternal bachelor) are duped into believing the other is in love with them. Claudio is deceived. Hero is wrongfully accused. Will love prevail?
This highly stylized, modern-dress production features five actors, each playing three roles. The cast will change characters mid scene and carry on conversations with themselves! It’s Shakespeare like you’ve never seen it before!
Performances and Showtimes
Much Ado About Nothing runs three weekends only, Thursday-Sunday, starting at 7:30 pm. Doors open at 7 pm. Concessions and beer will be available for purchase. Performances are on the Visitor Center lawn.
Admission is FREE, but registration is required. Donations to Tennessee Stage Company and 70/30 Creatives are encouraged.
Bring a lawn chair or picnic blanket. No coolers, please. Dogs are allowed, but must be leashed at all times.
Keeping You and the Cast Safe During Covid-19
- Performances are limited to 50 audience members. Tickets will go fast!
- Audience members will be required to wear masks at the ticket booth, beer garden, and concession stands. Once seated, patrons may remove their masks.
- Audience members will be placed 15 feet from performance spaces.
- Audience members will be required to distance their seating no fewer than six feet away from other patrons.
- Shakespeare: Much Ado$0$00$0