Ijams Homeschool Ed-ventures (Wednesday classes for ages 3-12)
Time & Location
About the Event
Geared towards ages: 3-12 years of age
Event Dates: Every Wednesday from 9/23 through 11/18 with one Wednesday off on 10/14 for Fall Break - a total of 8 weeks of Homeschool for Fall 2020.
Choose an age-appropriate fall class series: that will foster the natural curiosity and wonder in your child through authentic investigation, participation, and engagement with the natural world.
Ages 3-5 – What is the nature of a 3-5-year-old if not the urge to play and discover? During our time together we focus on body awareness and respect for our environment as we move through the world. We will uncover new skills and interests through lots of running and play, obstacle courses, motor challenges, and collaborative group work inspired by students discoveries. (Parents for ages 3-5 must stay with their preschoolers)
Ages 6-9 – Students explore and discover the amazing secrets of the natural world hiding behind every corner at Ijams Nature Center. Together students will uncover hidden patterns, compare and contrast observations, practice learning routines, and express their individuality through nature exploration and investigation. (Parents for this group must stay on property in case of an emergency)
Ages 10-12 – Students will sharpen their naturalist skills by practicing keen observation and recording their thoughts and discoveries in a nature journal. Through exploration, animal encounters, and problem solving students will learn to think critically and scientifically about the natural world, and express many of their unique findings. (Parents for this group must stay on property in case of an emergency)
Your child MUST be within the age range specified for each class upon entry to the series.
Event Location: All ages need to arrive just before10am at the universal pavilion (just outside Visitors Center) and will spend all of our time outside. We will be outside rain or shine this year and will only seek shelter during thunder and lightning.
IMPORTANT to note:
· After meeting your group leader in front of the Visitors Center, each group will split up for their 2 hour lessons.
· Parents for ages 3-5 must stay with their preschoolers and all parents for ages 3-12 must stay on property in case of an emergency.Parents are more than welcome to tag along with the group if they so choose.
· All students must wear a mask.
· All groups will spend time on the trails working on exploration and observation skills. The preschool group will take a break at 11am for a snack facilitated by the parents.
· Groups will meet back at the universal pavilion for pick up.